Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tuesday

School reopened today after the weekend.

I somehow feel like the weekend was a long time ago...but I am so thankful for an off-day yesterday (Monday) - so that I could sit at home the whole day and get my assignments done. I'm still not done with ALL assignments... but at least I've finished all my assignments due on the 30th October. Now, to get those due on the 6th Nov and 14th Nov done as well - so that I can focus a little more on ministry.

Anyway, today a conviction dawned on my in Dr. Sunny's theology class. We usually remember to thank God when extraordinary stuff and timely interventions take place. But...when was the last time we gave thanks for the things we call 'ordinary'?

Let us not take the 'ordinary' things for granted. The air we breathe, the roof we have over our heads, the food we can afford to eat every day ~ even though it's simple fare.

Today, I want to give thanks for someone...

...who is far from ordinary of course...

My boyfriend, Ben :) ~

Someone who always tries his best to comfort, encourage, be nice and listen, when I am all melancholy, weepy and emo...even though he may not fully understand. Who tries to cheer me up with all kinds of precious ways.

One who faithfully prays when I am going through a hard time, calls me on the days we don't meet, and tells me not to give up.

One who challenges me to give my very best to the Lord in full-time ministry work, refine my ministry skills at all times and be humble. One who serves with all his heart, himself... and loves God.



Another thing to be thankful for...

...my comfort food...which I consume almost every day...with crackers, bread, snacks, etc. I like Laughing Cow brand too... YUMMY!

Good source of calcium...

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter