Friday, October 30, 2009

Exam on the Ketubim... OVER! T-G-I-F...

Exam day! I was so mentally and emotionally exhausted that I slept early last night - 8 hours of sleep was refreshing.

Speed-reading my notes from 6.45-7.00am this morning...after breakfast...Book of Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Songs, Ruth, Lamentations, Esther, Daniel, Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah.... I've grown to love you all so much more through this exam... :)

Driving to school... and getting stuck in traffic congestion all along Green Lane...as usual.


After our exams (and since we had an hour plus before the next class), Pudun, Eunice and myself took a short trip to Khaleel Batu Feringghi for roti canai/telur and teh tarik. Thus, my second breakfast. @_@'

Emptied our plates (the roti telur was good!)...in celebration of the end of 3 difficult weeks...while having an interesting discussion. Topic: B.G.R, haha...

Eunice
Pudun

Then we went back to the seminary for mentoring class and theology class.

My lecturer, Dr. Anderson marked our papers at top speed. By the time we returned from Khaleel, our papers were in our student mailboxes already! @_@ The scores for our mid-term exam and Ketubim journal assignments had been added to the final exam score - and the overall grades in.

I praise God, because He has helped me so much through the past 3 weeks - while I was going through a difficult time with all the work and stuff. Taking the class on Ketubim (12 books in the 3rd section of the Hebrew Bible) was something I truly dreaded because it sounded scary :P . I wasn't sure if I could cope with a tough subject on top of my many other assignments and commitments... but it wasn't like I could drop this subject - coz M.Div students have to take at least 8 credits this term.

I remember myself looking at the list of requirements for this course - and my eyes widening in horror, to read this: '...A reading journal is required for this course. This journal should include a section on each of the biblical books assigned for this course. Each section should include: Introduction to the book, issues of authorship/date, major themes, general outline, critical questions, theological significance, 2 helpful commentaries ...' This was supposed to be due yesterday, the 29th October... but I was able to finish it a few days before the date-line. My lecturer marked it on the very day I passed up my work - and to my amazement, I received a full mark for it too (just like my mid-term paper).

Final term exam was well do-able too, although I couldn't figure out the answer for the first question - "What are the 3 books we've studied this term which had a difficult time making it into the canon of the Hebrew Bible?" Hehe.

Final course grade - 98%. I honestly feel that I don't deserve it - for the amount of work I put in. I may have had many late nights, but the truth is - I had alot of other assignments to rush on top of the Ketubim assignments - and some nights were basically UNPRODUCTIVE - so I didn't put in as much focus on the Ketubim as I should have. @_@ But really, it must have been God's grace and mercy. To those who have been praying for me these few weeks for joy and strength when I was weak, exhausted and depressed, haha... making me laugh to cheer me up and telling me not to give up (you guys know who you are) - THANK YOU. Appreciate it loads.

I really do.

Amazing. I thought that today, the 30th of October 2009 would be a most hectic, stressful day - because many of my assignments are due today. But thank God. Today's a Friday I can truly enjoy because every one of my 30th-Oct-due assignments had been handed up by yesterday. T.G.I.F!!! ~ I can focus on the many other stuff I need to do this weekend + the music-work - before I start working towards the 6th November and 14th November datelines! - And more importantly, spend a little more time with God and loved ones.

To those who are still working hard to meet today's datelines, gambatteh! May the LORD give you strength to endure till the end.

1 comments:

mozozozo said...

Praise God!! =) TGIF...hehe

 

Free Blog Counter