Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I asked myself today...



...some simple-sounding, soul-searching, heart questions...
...that I sometimes forget to ask myself...




Am I wholly denying myself and taking up my cross to follow Jesus? (Mark 8:34)

Am I consciously or unconsciously preserving my own comfort and convenience in any way, rather than willingly trusting and obeying God's will?

Am I selfish? Am I jealous?

Am I serving Him out of the right heart, motives and attitude?

Am I bearing fruit in what I do for God? If not, why?

Have I been compassionate? Do I lack love? Do I serve others out of lovelessness and legalism? Do I harbor unforgiveness, bitterness, anger and resentment in my heart?

Am I still in the center of His will?

1 comments:

Lydia said...

Wow, i love this post! Time to post these questions to myself :)

 

Free Blog Counter