Friday, July 31, 2009

TGIF!

It's been a rough few days for some of us - I've been emotionally challenged in many ways - I know it's supposed to build my character. God can't mould our characters except through the discipline of waiting and perseverance. He does amazing things with broken people... but on the human side, it's been such painful, sobering and exhausting processes (with some itch mixed into the potpourri of difficulties - no thanks to eczema!!!) - I've got to wrestle hard with Him since I'm such a tough nut to crack - that I'm uberly glad that today is my favourite day of the week ~ FRIDAY! Phew!

Drinking black coffee with relish...

Was at school for pre-orientation today. Picked my subjects for my 2nd term, with the help of some of my friends - because I felt so lost. (Geez, so what's new?:P) Anyway, it did me good to drive to MBTS, round those therapeutic corners and bends (I just love wooshing round them - not the point of drifting of course!), and catch sight of the glorious shimmering blue of the sea! What a masterpiece of God's creation.

Who
would have thought that random, asymmetrical clutters of brown, barnacled rocks would have fringed the great ocean with such grace, but He, who made boundaries that these waters could not cross onto dry land? God made nature so beautiful, so communicative and vibrant indeed. How great is our God!

We had missions team meeting after lunch - to pray and do a short devotion together. We will be meeting again on Monday, this time at Bayswater, for lunch at Dong Hoon's house - he's gonna cook us Korean Food!:) Yummy!

Recently, I've been discovering more and more people who live further away from MBTS than I do! Greenlane, Gelugor, Bayan Lepas, Balik Pulau, etc. Wow! I've tried driving from Sg. Ara to MBTS before - it takes slightly less than 1 hour... but these people don't seem to mind the distance, and in fact arrive at school punctually and cheerfully too! Double-wow! What passion! In fact, I know of a guy who lives in Bayan Lepas and arrives at MBTS at 7am every morning during STCM for morning prayer meetings. That really encouraged me! That is the heart attitude I would like to have as well. I also know of a pastor from Butterworth, who travels to and fro everyday, just to attend classes at MBTS. What dedication! Travelling does not only takes time and effort. It also requires petrol = money! But all these are such small investments to make, compared to the abundant fruits of being equipped for the work of God and the building of His eternal Kingdom - is it not?

Where is God in our hearts, if we do not trust Him to provide us all our needs?

I've made the decision to rejoice and be glad, even if God should give me a new sanctuary to live in further away from the seminary, than right now. For His Word says in Psalm 91:1 - 'Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.'

This also, I thought, gives no excuse for people to arrive late at church for services/meetings - especially since Trinity is in the middle - between Batu Feringghi and Bayan Lepas! Love the Lord with all your heart, with all your mind, with all your soul and with ALL YOUR STRENGTH!!! :D

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee, this post reminded me of this chapter Psalm 104 that my brother just shared in our college prayer group...
And urgh. People come to my church late aLL the time...some even come when the service is already over! What the heck!

 

Free Blog Counter