Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Wolves/foxes in sheep clothing?

Neck is aching. I certainly don't know what I did. Well, I can't help my posture when I am sleeping like a log...so I wouldn't know if I slept on it wrongly. Didn't really sprain my neck during exercise. And I am hoping that infamous 2005/2008-lower back-ache won't come back, since I detected a tinge spasms in my lower back yesterday night, while lazing on the sofa/couch. In great alarm, I had to put a pillow behind my back to support my back. Growing a little more aware of my sitting/standing posture too. Certainly don't want another course of physiothx... Since I'm no longer a medical student now, no more privileges and advantages:P - and this means long queues/waiting lists for ortho and physio appointments at the GH. Haha.

A close sister-in-Christ warned me today to be aware of wolves/foxes in sheep clothing:P Golly-schmolly. I shall definitely be keeping my eyes peeled. I have unfortunately a soft spot somewhere in my heart for people... But I'm glad that today, thanks to all the weird experiences working at Trinity and terserempak dengan con-men sekalian (I'm not kidding ok!), the warnings of Pst. J when he was still around, and a worried Ben's advice... I'm a little more wise. Con-man alert too. (dear Ben still doesn't think so, hehe:P). However, I'm glad I have brothers and sisters around who watch my back... Praise God for that. I just hope that my being vigilant would never stop me from helping and praying for those who are really in need, in my unnecessary suspicion. Where do we draw the line, I wonder? Sometimes, this makes me pretty serba-salah. And trapped. God, show me and grant discernment that I'd know who is that You want me to 'offer a glass of water' and those who I should gently and politely but firmly turn down.

Currently listening to Richard Clayderman's piano pieces over my laptop... wanted something relaxing... and they indeed are. But they are also making me way, way nolstalgic. All the songs I own have their sentimental values... and I've played them over and over again since my Dublin days to accompany me through the years. Whenever I listen to them, I'd remember Dublin. My church folks, and how they impacted my life. Their prayers. Their ministry. Their love and support as I battled with EDs. UGC. Royal College of Surgeons. Mercer's Court. The old piano in Milin Basement. Apartment 43, St. Patrick's court. The late Pastor Ray (who died of cancer). Pastor Claudine. Pastor Paul. Pastor Debbie. Pastor Mike. Cindy and Martin Ryan. Cyn. Yvonne. Tamryn. Maeve. Andrea. And etcetera. Teaching in Lucan. My beloved little pupils who taught me many precious lessons about trusting God. Worship conferences at Belfast. Liffey Valley Mall. St. Stephens Green park. Taking buses home. Walking home in the dark. The freezing cold evenings at church/attending Harp-and-bowl/prayer-walking with EN people. Worship practices at Harold's Cross. Mark. Mich. Belle. Johann. Laura. Etc.

I think it all would fit into a book. Such a beautiful story of God's grace upon my life.

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter