Tuesday, April 21, 2009

One of the most fun things to do...

I love going out for coffee/tea/meals with the people I love...

One of my closest friends and sister, Ji, has been back from Singapore for 2 months for a long break, before she starts MO-ship in neonatology next month. And since she's been off with her family for a trip somewhere nice and exciting (London!:P I absolutely loved London), we only got to meet up yesterday - on my off-day.

First things first - we were so pleased to see one another, that we were almost beside ourselves in excitement when we saw one another. (I know, it was all very drama, but we couldn't help ourselves.) The passers-by obviously thought that we were mad. Coz they watched us with half-shocked, half-amused glances on their faces.

Ooooops. Sorry people. A thousand apologies...

Since we usually go to Dome Cafe for lunch our annual meet-ups (or whenever we are able to meet up for that matter), we thought we'd have a change. We went down to Ipoh Old Town for tea instead. The place wasn't too crowded, so we could sit down comfortably in one corner, tuck into french toast, drink juice, and chit-chat. There was a lot of catching up to do, and the both of us guffawed so loudly that it was as well that we chose to sit where we sat.
I felt so, so, so blessed. Jie prayed with me, updated me on what she, Laura and Ewan korkor are doing with the youth in TOC Singapore (I felt so ministered to, even listening to just that), and then just like the 'icing on the cake', she picked out a mysterious pink Averine plastic bag from her hand-bag and handed it to me... Surprise, surprise!

Aiyar...then Ji being Ji - I was made to open up the bag in front of her...hehe.

Hmmm, what could it be?
1. A beautiful, classy, vintage-inspired purse from Anna Sui *Gasp* I can hardly bear to put anything into it for fear I'd wrinkle it.
2. A pair of graceful and elegant dangling ear-rings from Marks & Spencers. Nearly missed this one out, coz it was down at the bottom of the bag...
I felt very spoiled indeed. I don't always get such luxurious stuff for myself. So when I actually receive it, I get really overwhelmed. *Snifffff* Thanks, Jie.

Then she brought out Laura's present and her number 3 present to me... which I unfortunately cannot reveal here:P It's got to remain top secret for the time being... Hehe.

Also, unfortunately, I couldn't get anything for Ji and Laura in return, coz I'm currently short of moolah (hehe, Pig, thought I'd use that word here...) :( I definitely must guai guai dey study to do their encouragements justice le. :D
What a great meeting we had. We had fun indeed!

Received my approval letter from MBTS today. And thus, I'm officially a student in MBTS now!:)

Back to work today...It was raining like mad this morning (for a change), that I got stuck in a traffic jam, and was 40 minutes late for work:S But I am loving the cool and cozy weather for the time being.

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter