Wednesday, January 21, 2009

One of those days...

  1. Hair loss
  2. Pao-face
  3. Bloatedness
  4. Stomach discomfort
  5. Physical exhaustion

I don't really know what has no. 1 got to do with the rest of my symptoms. I went to bed last night nauseous and a little dizzy.

Anyway, today, I lunched with mei-mei Ee Ling. (Her school hols just started!) We had a good time catching up and encouraging one another in the Lord. I really thank God for amazing sisters who remind me of His faithfulness - in my own life, especially. Today, Ee Ling reminded me of how God has been constantly faithful to provide me all my needs, every step of the way, back when I was in medical school. Whether financial, quality friendships, brothers who taught me to be a sister, etc. If He says in His Word that He is the same yesterday, today and forevermore, what reason should I have to think that He'd do any less today?

One thing EL told me that cracked me up today - that I've toned down alot since my PMC days. Asked her what she meant by 'toned down'... and she implied that I used to be highly excitable, bubbling over with excitement, giggly, etc. *Gasp* (Ok, I don't remember the giggly part. I only remember that I've always guffawed with laughter.) Now, it's like I've grown a lot more solemn - like I've gone through a lot...

Perhaps I have. I know I feel a little tired-ish even while I await the new season to spring forth. It will go after a while. I only truly and really hope she didn't mean that I'm becoming aunty-ish!

Life has its own way of doing that to you I guess. In the past 6 months or so, God by His grace, allowed me to face my own share of emotional trials and battles, so that I would learn to wait on Him with humility and patience. That deep loneliness, that probably nobody could exactly identify with. Well, I must say, after having gone through that trying period, that I'm thankful He did. I realize that I've learnt alot... especially about His grace. His strength. His joy. I've learnt to love and to forgive. I've acquired friends I've never had. I've learnt to be quiet and more prayerful. It's been tough being so uncertain about the future the way I was. But it's taught me to trust God.

Indeed He never fails us.

0 comments:

 

Free Blog Counter